Saturday, May 18, 2013

Things are looking good!

Hello everyone! 

I suppose it's time for an update! Well Wed. night after I posted the pellet I found, Mariah found ANOTHER pellet about 3 min later right when I was calling my mom to say we had found one. This one was bigger and more intact still. We then searched the area the best we could before the sun went down, which wasn't that long but we got a good look at most every tree base.

However, we went to find the owl.

Which we did not find. We stood there and listened for a good amount of time before we gave up and walked back to my car. Of course, as soon as we were there, the darned owl starting calling.

Stupid owl.

But it was ok because my project really focuses on the pellets, the owls are just a nice thing to know as well. So needless to say, the champagne was brought out when I returned (Metaphorically of course! Me and Mariah are only 20). The next day I decided I deserved a little bit of a break plus I had a paper to write for my online psych class, but my dad wanted to help so he went out and tried to find some pellets himself and surprisingly enough,

He found some!

So later on, me and my mom went back with him to see the pellets. Sure enough, 2 MORE PELLETS! How exciting! I figured this was a good sign since I now had 2 places to potentially collect from. 

So Friday afternoon, I went to check both.

First I went to the place my dad had found and guess what? THERE WERE MORE PELLETS! When I looked at the ground this time there were 4 pellets/pieces instead of 2! Hurray! So I think that I have my first confirmed collection place.

Then I went back to the place I found. It's kind of a hike, half a mile one way, but I figured it's worth it if I find more pellets. And guess what?

MORE PELLETS!

Well, one more pellet, but it was one that wasn't there on Wed. night! So I believe that this may be my 2nd confirmed collection site.
(If you squint, you can see my pink ribbons on 3 tree limbs) 

The common thing between the both of them: Pine trees. Both sites are in a group of pine trees. So I'm thinking that owls have a thing for pine trees. 

I'll keep that fact in mind.

I would like to find another place to collect from, but if that doesn't happen before the 23rd (My first OFFICIAL collection day) oh well! Maybe for the next phase of the lunar cycle. So I plan on going back tomorrow to see if there are more pellets in both areas and if so,

WINNING!

Sincerely,
Owl Girl






No comments:

Post a Comment